Monday 18 January 2010

little gift dolls




A very belated Happy New Year! I have finally got time to update some of my latest projects. Christmas and New Year were a bit hectic thanks to working two jobs- I'm now back to just one but looking for another part time job to pay the bills. Then there was the Weather... a foot of snow all round our house, frozen pipes and everything

In the meantime, here are two dolls based on patterns from Jean Greenhowe's Little Gift Dolls- I was asked for a fireman and a girl doll, couldn't find a fireman pattern so I adapted the basic doll pattern. They turned out cute, although the hair's a bit weird- they look like Homepride men.

Got two new books off Amazon at New Year: Sarah Keen's Knitted Wild Animals and Susan Anderson's Itty Bitty Toys. Got straight to it and knitted the hippo from Knitted Wild Animals, which is the cutest, chunkiest little toy I've made so far, his little stubby bworby tail is the best bit...



Then from Itty Bitty Toys the cutest bunny, I used some donated fluffy cotton yarn which kept breaking so I had to adapt the pattern from knitting in the round to knitted flat. One day project thanks to being trapped at home on a very snowy Tuesday.



I am now trying to knit a panda in between attacks from my mental kitty, who has been cooped up inside for far too long because of the ridiculous snow. Both cats are a bit fat now from no exercise, and they are not alone... Back soon with the panda!

No comments:

Post a Comment